about me..


Probably I should start with saying that I am often called by my friends as GILDER which is my last name. My first name is Turnesh and would be happy to be not called by first name as its pronounciation has been butchered ever since I remember.

I have completed my Bachelor degree in Electronics Engineering in 1992 and am  in manufacturing business of furniture handles since then. Well a complete contrast to what I have studied and to what I pursued… No regrets though!!!

My interest to draw emerged during my high school days and to be frank this passion was very short lived and I completely gave up drawing as I entered into higher studies.

After being in business for 20 years and gaining enough stability and assurance that all is well, I want to humbly try to put my drawing skills to reality. I chose charcoal as my medium and have displayed some of my charcoal art drawings in this site.

Although I might be caught up in my business routine,  I promise myself to remove enough time to fulfill my desire to draw.

Please do visit the links I have shared in this site who have always inspired me immensely to fulfill my dream to draw…. 

11 comments:

  1. Dear charcoalcoholic!!! Bravo! WOW! I am simply amazed at your work! Your sensitivity to the gradations in blacks and whites is incredible. I've known you for years and years and to see this talent shoot out from you with such splendour makes my heart sing! Wonderful! I'm thrilled! Draw, draw, keeps drawing and let the creative energy flow!!! With hugs of admiration...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey turnesh we are sitting here having dinner with Bina, this art is amazing. I would love to see a face book and twitter link here so that i can spread the word. Pls do this asap this stuff needs to be recognised and appreciated, good luck and keep up the good work!

    - Micky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey micky have added the share buttons...do share and spread the link...thks

      Delete
  3. hey thks micky... will check if a blogger can incorporate a fb and twitter link...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pleasant surprise! How come you never showed us your drawings before? Am very happy for you, another feather in your cap. Keep at it, you will enjoy your self as much as we enjoy and admire your work.
    GOOD LUCK and all the best for many many more drawings and eventually who knows what else?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aunty thank u for ur kind words and wishes... will keep u posted on new ones....

      Delete
  5. This is awesome.all the best and continue drawing turnesh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks rohini.. .am glad u liked my work.......

      Delete
  6. Awesome job Mr. Gilder. Didn't know you were such a good artist.

    Kartik

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks kartik...these drawings have been done in the last couple of months....

    ReplyDelete